I love these books :)

Friday, August 23, 2013

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Movie Review

Okay so if you are I. the reading family you know great The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie came out Wednesday!!! I am happy to say it didn't disappoint me as much as I thought it would.

First is the obvious casting mistakes. Before seeing this movie I thought the casting was bad and that they could have easily picked better people for the leads and supporting actors/actresses. After seeing the  movie I was actually quite pleased at the acting, aside from Lilly Collins I still think that was a mistake. I really liked how Alec, even though he didn't have very many lines, he really made the character be just like he was in the book. Isabelle was a total badass and was awesome!! I have to say she was my fav character in the movie, the actress did amazing! Simon...well I love Simon in the book and  I love him in the movie. He brings goofiness and just something extra and the actor did an amazing job! He was the one actor, the only one really, that I was happy with prior to seeing the movie. Luke. Luke was good he wasn't  in it as much and I just wish he had a little more because, I thought, he is really important in the books. Both Church and Chairman Meow weren't in the movie which disappointed me greatly because I really think Church is important!

Moving on...The story line of the movie was good although the order of the events, compare to the book, were all mixed up and rearranged. This confused me greatly and throughout the movie I kept thinking 'Oh my gosh! Why did they skip that part?' and then after watching more of it the part they skipped was later in the movie. It was just weird. The 'creatures' throughout the movie were not what I thought they would look like from reading the description in the book. For example, the demon in Clary's house after her mom was taken, totally not right and stupid. The Silent Brothers were not the quiet sounding beings I thought they would be. They didn't glide and their voices sounded deeper and rougher than I thought they would've been. I was thinking more of a quiet whisper and them floating  soundlessly.  The vampires though were good, but who could mess up vampires? Twilight. That's who.

Overall the movie was good. It is better when I think about the movie completely separate from the book. This is what I do with the Beautiful Creatures book and movie and I enjoy both.


MUST SEE!! You have to get up and go see it right now! If you've already seen it...GO SEE IT AGAIN!!

Tell me what did you think of it?






*I have now seen it four times and LOVE it. Everytime I see it i notice more things that I hadnt the previous times. If you haven't seen it GO SEE IT!!

DECEMBER 3rd is when it will be released on digital copy and DVD! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment